Thursday, January 17, 2013

This is 40

I had really wanted to see this because it looked really funny. I got the chance to finally catch it and I wasn't as impressed with it as I had originally thought I would be. I don't know if this is because I couldn't relate to much of the material. I'm not yet 40, I don't have kids and I'm close with my family, and as a couple we are fiscally responsible and don't lie to each other about money.

The movie is about a couple that are both turning 40 and the way life happens for some of us. I just couldn't get behind it. I felt more like the wife was a whiner. The husband was a dreamer that was more like a child, he continuously made choices based on himself and his wants rather then the needs of his family. Everyone in the film to me just seemed more acted then real life.

To me the basis just seemed to unreal. I don't understand how people could be together 14 + years and still lie about money, and not be on track to having there lives together. I guess it's a big thing though, for me it just wasn't an intriguing movie, it didn't hold my attention.

I'd give it a 3 out of 10 stars. Since it did have a few funny jokes but I felt it fell short everywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment