Sunday, January 6, 2013

Jack Reacher a review

Now I am not the biggest Tom Cruise fan, but I think he has acting talent, just is as nutty as a can of cashews. We couldn't decide what to see yesterday so when we both decided to see Jack Reacher we were happy to give it a chance.

I never saw a trailer leading up this only the billboards so I had a little bit different idea of what the movie was about. I thought he was like a contract killer, not a guy in for justice. The movie is about a guy who kills 5 random people in a sniper showing, who when asked to confess asks for Jack Reacher. Jack shows up and takes on the case. I don't want to tell you too much because the story is actually good. Lots of foreshadowing, twists, character development and surprises. I did figure out some things early on but it didn't ruin the twists and enjoyment of the movie.

The plot was well done, the characters all had good life to them, the actors did their part to bring enthusiasm and charisma to the part they were playing. The director did a good job of casting doubt on characters, creating tension and setting up the scenes.

I definitely would suggest catching this one if you like action films, are a fan of Lee Child, or like Tom Cruise in movies. It was a 4 out of 5 in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment