Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Django Unchained

Image from IMDB.com

Last night we decided to go see a movie, even though I was pushing for This is 40, we ended up seeing Django Unchained. I wasn't really sure I wanted to see the film. Not really into the Quentin Tarantino style of blood gushing up into the air in every scene kinda thing, but I gave into the boys since I was out numbered.

I like the people in the movie. I always enjoy Jamie Foxx and Leonardo DiCaprio in the films they do. They both are great actors with a wide range, so it wasn't too bad going into the film. The film that followed though was in my favorite Quentin Tarantino film. Now I said I'm not really into his films, doesn't mean I don't like them, they just aren't the DVD I pick up when I want to watch a movie at home.

The movie had a great plot, with lots of action, adventure, love, and twists. I couldn't always see what was coming and I love that in a film. It's the story of a slave, freed on a journey to save his wife. It's really well put together. It has the Tarantino flair for the spraying blood and over the top bloody deaths, but it makes the film more lighthearted for the heavy subject it deals with.

Christopher Waltz plays my favorite character as the german dentist/bountyhunter, who free Jamie Foxx and helps him on his journey. He really plays up his part and gets into the character and makes you want to see him on screen more. Tarantino couldn't have picked a better actor for the role and I'm glad to see him performing in such a great role.

There are a few scenes I had to turn my head at, but I'm a gushy girl, so they probably aren't too bad. Samuel L Jackson plays his role delightfully and is great in his role, the way he interacts with the whole cast is fun to watch. I truly love his acting, he is so versatile and interesting to see in action.

If you like Quentin Tarantino, Jamie Foxx, Leonardo Dicaprio or the old western style movies with a bit of B rated gore, go catch this film. If you don't like the gore you might not enjoy it, but it really is a good movie. Put together wonderfully and fun and enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment