Friday, April 25, 2014

Fandom Friday : George R R Martin, before Game of Thrones

So I have loved George R R Martin since long before I started reading his Game of Thrones series back when there was still only one book in the series. My friend at the time and I would pick up books to read together and this is the book we decided on because he was the author of one of my favorite books.

George R R Martin was a writer on the new twilight zone and he was a writer for the Beauty and the Beast series that starred Ron Pearlman. If you haven't watched it.. go do that now :D.

What really made me fall in love with him was a book called Tuf Voyaging. Now if you know me then you know I am not that fond of space series, one of the main reasons I just couldn't get into Eve Online (well that and all the math).

Tuf Voyaging is a collection of short stories about Haviland Tuf, a tall, bald, vegetarian, cat loving space trader. Maybe one of the things that reeled me into the book was the cats. I love Cats so much.. You probably have seen enough pictures of my princess.

The book is out of print (or at least it was last time I went looking for it). I have my own hardcopy signed by GRRM that was given to me as a birthday present many years ago.

I am a fan of the Game of Thrones series (the books) and I haven't yet started the tv show even though I own seasons 1 and 2. I am just waiting for a day free to sit down and indulge.

No comments:

Post a Comment